Benefit Administration (Industry: Insurance & Finance)
- The company's business is made up of 4 divisions.
- Plan & Participant administration, retirement investments and company operations are managed using different software systems using heterogeneous database environments
- Getting consolidated reports is a challenge because of volume of data and vast choices of data elements spread between different databases
- Design and develop a Business Intelligence solution using Microsoft SQLServer, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services and SharePoint Portal technologies.
- Ensure that the data is downloaded to a staging SQLServer database with minimal transformation to minimize the foot print on the on-line systems.
- Data elements are all mapped using a common numbering scheme, which is maintained on all the systems. This ensures that information about plans, participants, claims, payments, payables, receivables all in one central database to provide consolidated reports.
- Ability to accurately monitor the retirement portfolio of all the clients by various criteria.
- Consolidated views of receivables and payables irrespective of which division generated the business.
- Ability to get metrics using counts and financial numbers retrieved from disparate systems
- Since March 2006 we have been using Business Intelligence solution to track and monitor our day-to-day operations with great success.