Software company (Industry: High Tech)
- The company periodically reaches out to their potential customers for marketing their products using email campaigns, conventional postal-mail campaigns, telesales and advertisements on websites.
- Over a 12 month period several million emails were sent out in partnership with their vendors.
- The process of defining the criteria to extract the customer profile is manual. Database developers then use these criteria to extract the customer list; quite a resource intensive and time consuming process.
- Design and develop a web application that allows users to specify the criteria to extract the customer list. Visual Studio 2005, C# and SQLServer 2000 were used.
- Ensure that the customer registration data is downloaded from various sources (web registration and vendor purchases) and transformed into a common format either daily or weekly.
- Data is pre-computed during off-peak-hours to allow for fast extraction of customer list.
- Ability for marketing group to extract their campaign lists without any intervention from IT department.
- Ability to review the counts prior to actually using the lists.
- Marketing department can now run 3 types of campaigns using this solution; email, postal and telephone