Mulch distribution and production (Industry: Retail nurseries and Garden stores)
- Mulch loads are being delivered to customers either from our vendor’s mills or from the company's own manufacturing facility, which could be 100’s of miles apart. Company is investing substantially to grow their manufacturing capacity.
- With 100’s of deliveries a week involving dozens of trucking companies the company needed an easy to use delivery tracking system, which also is scalable and reliable.
- Their current system based on spreadsheets is reaching its limits.
- Design and develop a web-based system using Microsoft Small Business Server, SQLServer database, Reporting Services and .NET programming technology
- Ensure that all the setup information is entered only once and used accurately during transaction processing.
- Automate the process of converting Purchases and Sales transactions to Invoices and Bills in QuickBooks accounting package.
- Raw Materials, Products, Vendors, Customers and Customer Pricing are setup in a convenient way.
- Purchases and Sales Transactions are created by multiple users using context sensitive drop-downs, along with other data validation logic. This ensures a rich set of transactions with the right information.
- Purchases and Sales delivery schedule is available in an easy to understand format.
- Reports of the setup and transactions are only a click away.
- QuickBooks Invoices and Bills are automatically and accurately created every night within minutes saving substantial human data entry